Saturday, September 13, 2008

Cuban Pork Sandwich

I had my second sandwich from Paseo today. Kate and I had meant to go years ago, but never made it. Then, last month, after Daniel and I's failed kayak trip/'Tropic Thunder' outing, I went and got us sandwiches while he went home to wait for the Qwest guy to fix his Internet connection.

I read a bunch of reviews online before going, and one sandwich that got high praise was the Midnight Cuban. It is a grilled sandwich, so requires extra time and Paseo has a reputation for being a place packed enough that you need to wait to order and get your food. There wasn't too much of a line when I got there, either today or last month, but I decided on just getting their original Cuban Pork sandwich (#1 on the menu) and their top-selling roasted pork sandwich (#2 on the menu) and we split them between us. We made the mistake of eating our #1 first without even trying our #2. While #1 is a symphony of flavor, #2 is just a bland pulled-pork sandwich with some grilled onions and jalapeƱos.

Today, I got the #1 (picture coming!) and it was delicious! In trying to see if their menu was online somewhere, I came across these interesting pieces:

Three Guys from Miami review the place, and let us know that it isn't really a true Cuban sandwich:
http://cuban-food-usa.com/seattle_paseo.html

Esquire has (is?) taken suggestions for The Best Sandwich in America:
http://www.esquire.com/features/food-drink/sandwiches

which lead me to have a dream last night about being in a group that traveled to some Pacific island for a $50 crab sandwich.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home