Thursday, January 02, 2014

Great Meals

There are some meals that are so good, I make a point of having them regularly. A couple of these come from restaurants:

Kisaku

Kisaku is a sushi restaurant is within walking distance of where I live that Daniel took me to for my birthday years ago. Most of the time, I just do take out. My regular order is a Kisaku roll (Scallop, crab, mayo, flying fish eggs, soy paper), a Wallingford roll (Yellowtail, green onion, cucumber, radish sprout, flying fish eggs), and no soy sauce. Tonight, the fish seemed even more fresh and delicious, which made me want to write about how much I enjoy it.

Pam's Kitchen

I'd never had Trinidadian food before my friend Vanessa took Brendan and I to Pam's Kitchen. I ordered the chicken roti with dahl puri and, other than tasting other's food, have stuck with that order ever since. I have to stop myself from inhaling the whole meal, but then I have a second chance for this orgasmic meal. In addition to the main course, meals include a salad with a delightful dressing and a side of potatoes and chickpeas that is divine. Their rum punches (ginger, citrus, or sorrel) are tasty and strong. I'm happy that they've found a location not too far from where they are now for when that location is demolished.

3 Pigs Bar B-Q

Being farther away, it's been awhile since I've been in to 3 Pigs for a piglet sized pulled pork sandwich with a side of cole slaw, but I do have a bottle of their hot barbeque sauce in my fridge. I discovered 3 Pigs years ago when I used to spend much more time on the Eastside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home