Thursday, September 28, 2006

It's all about me

A very Important thing I've learned is that it really is all about me, or it should be. That may sound selfish, but the fact is that I am the only one who can take care of myself, the only one who can always be there for me, and, as long as I have compassion for the rest of the world, it really is how I need to view the world.

Since I am the primary one my actions effect, I need to think first of my own needs and wants, to make sure I take care of myself and to make sure that I am being the person I want to be.

And, honestly, this is how we work anyways, even if we aren't upfront about it. We try to make what we want happen, by whatever means we have learned.

The corollary to this is that this is what everyone else is doing. Other people's actions become more understandable working under this assumption, and any ideas we have about trying to change people appear as the nearly impossible tasks they are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home