Friday, July 28, 2006

Vacation and other departures

My life hasn't been the same for the past 7 or so weeks. First it was getting ready to go on vacation, then it was being on vacation. While on vacation, I got sick. After 3 weeks, I started antibodics. I got better, it got hotter. Too hot for me.

Now, it's cool again (I wore jeans all day for the first time in weeks) and I'm feeling healthy so things are getting back to "normal". But now it feels like I can't go back to the way things were. The restaurant fan is on too much (Coyote's is now open for breakfast on the weekends. Joy.) and so I really have to move to have enough quiet and good sleep. And with moving comes a reimagining of my life and what I want to have for my home as well as my life.

Everything is changing, and I guess that's a good if somewhat scary prospect.

I'd expected July to be this great month, and while it has had some high points (like seeing Bill Maher with Justin last week), it's not been all I'd hoped. A coworker keeps saying that she needs to keep reminding herself that Mercury is in retrograde. I don't know what this means but I assume it is why the situation in the Middle East is flaring up and why everything seems to not be going as planned. And it is easy when things don't go as planned if you weren't particularly expecting them to. (like not blogging for 49 days)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home