Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Losing Larry's

Last week, when I was in training, I learned something off-topic: Larry's Markets were in the process of going away. I'd heard a bit on the news about them being for sale, but I had not realized that they were going away. The Importance of this is not the store itself but something its bakery produced. Larry's sold my absolute favorite brownies.

The first time I ever had a Larry's brownie was when I was house managing at the Lee Theatre. At the time, the Belle Arte concert series was hosted there and Larry's did the catering for the event. Those brownies were nut-free and chocolate frosted. While Dan, who ran the light board, was stocking up on the macaroons, I was all about the brownies.

After that, I sought out the brownies in Larry's and learned that they also came in cream cheese frosted. And those became my favorite brownies.

And now it would seem they are gone forever, without me having the chance to stock up before it was too late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home