Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Thwarted

For the most part, I go through life feeling pretty harmonious with the Universe. There are even times when I feel there are little cues about where I should or shouldn't be. And then there are days like today, when I feel thwarted at every turn and I just don't know what I should do, except maybe try not to cry. Generally, these are the sort of days where you think you should have stayed in bed, but given that the thwarting began at 6:58AM when Coyotes' fan went on waking me up to a thought along the lines of "Oh, you've got to be kidding!" staying in bed was never really an option. It, of course, had to be a day when I was sleeping in a little, setting my clock for 7:36 instead of 7:08.

The rude awakening helped to throw off my morning plans (that and forgetting to prepare certain things the night before). I wound up leaving late and traffic was bad. The parking space I sought initially wasn't possible because one car was too far over into it (despite having tons of room on the other side). My left eye started feeling irritated, vaguely pained this morning and no amount of watering or anything else seems to have helped it. The place I went to lunch had changed their menu, eliminating the one reason I go there (but, kindly, they were able to make it for me, although it wasn't as good as before). My boss set up a meeting and then bailed after 15 minutes because something had come up. The co-worked I continued to meet with called me three or four times before I left work, hindering me from getting what I was doing done and making it so I was 10 minutes late in leaving. I drove over to the place I work out and the parking was blocked off, with the only other way to access it being behind me and the road going that way clogged with traffic. I realized too late what I should have tried instead, but wound up sitting on another traffic-clogged street. When I got in the turn lane, I missed the light because the first guy in the lane was trying to get back into the main stream of traffic (although the two cars in front of me managed to go). I turned in the wrong place to be as close as I could be to the path to where I work out. By the time I get there, I don't have enough time to do any of my work outs, and so talk to the folks behind the desk about the parking situation and drop off stuff before heading out to my dinner plans. Think about stopping off and running an errand but realize, after I've turned into the complex, that it's not worth it and then wind up spending forever trying to get back out. Get to my dinner plans location early and realize I've forgotten that I need to run an errand there. Thankfully, one of my friends is already there and I can vent about the thwartedness of the day, which he has also felt. And one of his eyes was giving him problems, too.

I just feel exhausted. I went to this site earlier today and it was down. One of the countless other little things that piled up to make me despair. *sigh*

Before bed, I guess I should ponder my FreeWill Astrology horoscope for the week ending today:

"Race car drivers say that if you're heading toward a wall," writes philosopher Jonathan Zap, "don't look at it. Instead, look at where you want to go." That's good advice for you in the coming week, Capricorn. It would be crazy for you to concentrate all your attention on what you don't like and don't need and don't agree with. Rather, you should briefly acknowledge the undesirable possibilities, but then turn the full force of your focus to the most interesting and fulfilling option.

I'll admit, I tried to keep my focus there today, but repeated failure does make me wonder if something else isn't going on. Here's to a better tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home