Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's my birthday

Another birthday is here. I've celebrated in my traditional ways--making a cake, seeing a movie, going to OPH for breakfast. Daniel and I are going out to dinner later, although the where is a surprise (the gift may or may not be!).

My age is one of those let down ages. I'd had high hopes for 42, but they didn't really pan out. I learned some Important stuff, as well as having a bit of a crisis of faith that I'm still sorting out. Now, I am feeling more like a grown up, but that might just be my first pair of reading glasses. Or the car accident. I was actually coming from ordering the glasses when I got in the car accident.

I also have done some recentering that feels like it is working. Over the weekend, I bought myself a hard-cover copy of 'The Tao of Pooh' and reread that, along with some of the Vedic sutras and this Deepak Chopra book I have. I also started re-reading 'The Te of Piglet,' which is even more preachy than I remembered it.

I'm starting the year feeling there is work to be done, but I can do it. If, of course, I can decide the best way to work--hard or tao-ish or something else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home