Saturday, October 04, 2014

Yom Kippur

It's Yom Kippur. So far, I've not eaten any pork, but there are at least two meals left before it ends (since I skip the whole fasting portion of the holiday). I am planning on going out to my spiritual spot, walking, and evaluating and atoning. Yesterday, I put on my star of David and forgot to take it off last night so wore it again today.

Tonight, I watched the first 6 episodes of Amazon's new show, "Transparent".The main family in it is Jewish and I found something so comforting about seeing my people starring in a show. It is more a part of the show than Ross, Monica, and Rachel being Jewish on "Friends" although it was still nice to have half the cast of characters be Jewish in New York.

The last time I went to New York City, almost 10 years ago, was for Hanukkah. I liked seeing menorahs all over the city. I've been wanting deli food, but Seattle lacks a really good option. I meant to seek it out more in London but never quite managed. And didn't even think about it in LA, although there were blintz on the breakfast buffet at the LA Athletic club. I ate them with bacon, which tasted good but felt a little wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home