Sunday, April 02, 2006

Road Trip


I went to Portland this weekend for a belated celebration of my brother Pete's birthday. Saturday, Pete, his girlfriend Miranda, and I went to see 'Ice Age: The Meltdown' (very funny) and then went out to dinner.

Today, we drove out to Multnomah falls for brunch at the lodge and as much hiking as we could manage. I'd say we made it about 2/3 of the way up before I started to worry about further exersion making me physically ill. I've sworn to train and make it up, but I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't keep up with the smokers. I think if it hadn't been right after brunch, I would have been okay.

Between the driving, loosing an hour to go on Daylight Savings Time, sleeping on a couch with up to 3 cats, and hiking so vertically, I'm exhausted!

I did manage to find the energy to run an errand for my friend Alex. He's a Long John Silver's fan, and they do not exist in Washington state, but there are some around Portland. So, I detoured over to one and picked him up a chicken/fish treasure box combo. He came over tonight to chow down, and seemed very satisfied with his meal. He was even giddy, which is always good to see.

That's what I did for my weekend. Time for bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home