Thursday, March 30, 2006

Thursday Nights

I was born on a Thursday night. The paper says it was flurrying then, but I don't really recall, but it was January in Minnesota, so odds are it was.

Because I was born on a Thursday night, I chose Thursday nights as my "me" nights. For much of the past eight or so years, I've chanted on them.

Chanting came about from a smudging at IHOT, the vegetarian co-op where I lived from 1994 to 1999. My housemate, Farah, who was from India, met a Native American healer and brought him home. He liked the energy of the house, and so he came back to smudge us. I went first or second, and felt wonderfully light and happy afterwards. The feeling lasted days.

I studied with him for awhile after that, being very interested in the spirituality that had emerged in this landscape. And thus I began to chant.

I've never managed to experience the joy of the smudging, but it is a good feeling.

I've been "bad" about doing it lately. So I should go now. And chant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home