Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Under the Skin

Have you heard the band She Wants Revenge? Their music is visceral, sliding under your skin and into your being. Listening to the singer/chanter, I imagined he'd be a skinny white guy with black hair with horn-rimmed glasses, a pullover sweater with a collar sticking out, and perhaps a stripped scarf wrapped around his neck. I wasn't far off, except for the colorings.

Today, I've had their song 'Tear You Apart' echoing through my body today. Except for the actual "tear you apart" bit, it resonates well with me right now:

"I want to hold you close
Skin pressed against me tight
Lie still, and close your eyes girl
So lovely, it feels so right

I want to hold you close
Soft breasts, beating heart
As I whisper in your ear
I want to fucking tear you apart"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home