Thursday, May 01, 2008

Flamingo Failure

A year ago, I got Daniel and I a membership to the Woodland Park Zoo. The membership includes a quarterly magazine, that neither of us read until the Spring 2008 issue, which included an announcement of the Membership Day for the new Chilean flamingo exhibit on May 1st. We'd agreed to go at that time, although in planning our trip to Texas, it wound up that I would have still be in Texas today. But then we had our break up and I was no longer going to Texas. I kept today and tomorrow off from work, in part to be able to go to the flamingo exhibit opening.

Thus, I was bummed when I went online yesterday and discovered the event had been moved to the 23rd (!), although it hardly stood in the way of my enjoying my day off.

I'm realizing that I have been approaching alone time differently as a part of a couple than I had previously. Today, was old-school alone time: I took myself out to breakfast at the Original Pancake House (amazing pumpkin pancakes, especially when covered in their tropical syrup) and read a book, I ran errands and went shopping; it was a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home