Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lunar Eclipse

I'd forgotten there was going to be a lunar eclipse tonight. I'd not even heard for sure whether it was going to be visible from Seattle. It didn't seem worth the effort to find out given how uncommon clear skies are here in February. But tonight was clear and when I looked up at the moon, I could tell the eclipse was well under way. I'd noticed the moon the past few days and knew it should be close to full, rather than the cresent I was seeing. I stood out watching, along with others on Market Street in Ballard, until the was no more light to be seen. After dinner, the cresent was back, a little plumper and maybe lower than it had been when I first saw it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bemused Boomer said...

I went to Arizona for some sun and clear skies. I got some, but the night of the eclipse it was cloudy in Yuma. My Seattle friends, who tolerate my whining about the constant gray, haven't stopped rubbing it in and making sure I know THEY got to see it!

2/29/2008 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home