Saturday, May 03, 2008

Fortune Cookies

I've had Chinese food twice in the past couple of days (both times it was hand-shaved spicy noodles, although the two dishes themselves were quite different), and neither of my fortune cookie's fortunes was very satisfactory. The first was the typical descriptive type found too often these days:

You have a wise spirit, an advanced intellect and faith in human nature.

I recall the fortunes used to be more mysterious and less fawning. Today's was more of a fortune, but annoyingly uncertain in its prediction:

You have an ambitious nature and may make a name for yourself.

It's disappointing to me that fortune cookie fortunes have lost the charm they held when I was younger. Not even adding "in bed" helps these out. Well, maybe on the second one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home