Friday, November 14, 2008

What a difference a week makes

Last Thursday, when I got home from work, I realized I couldn't find my cell phone. I knew I'd had it the night before, knew I'd left it where it should have found its way into my bag, but I could not actually recall having seen it all day. I was very tired, still trying to regain my health after being sick. It is times like that I am most likely to misplace things, although in general I tend not to lose things.

I'd hoped I'd left it at work somehow. Or it had fallen out of my bag where I'd went to lunch on Thursday (Thursday was one of those days were the world is suddenly wetter than you can ever imagine, so I hadn't gone many places). No luck. Friday I searched my car and apartment even better than I had before. I even went to the few other places I had been, where theoretically it could have fallen out of my bag, but it wasn't anywhere.

Saturday, I decided to accept the fact that, while it couldn't have possibly disappeared off the face of the earth, it was lost somewhere and I should get myself a new phone. I'd been thinking about getting an iPhone. My contract was up in February, so I hadn't done much beyond just salivate over my friends' iPhones, and wonder if my reception would be better than on my Sync. Thankfully, I was eligible for a new phone so I did just go ahead and indulge myself. And, I'm still giddy about it here on day 7, especially as the reception does seem better. That and I can now look things up instantly online.

This morning when I went to get into my car, I found my cell phone. It was just lying there at the back of the driver's seat, slightly hidden by the seat back. I do have to wonder if it was really there all the time. Did I really get into the car differently than I had been? Could I really not have seen it there in my searching? I did just get the car back from the mechanics yesterday, but would they really just put it in that random spot? Or did their moving the seat change its visibility?

I had a feeling I would find it someday, but that might only be because it is rare for me to actually lose anything. I was hoping it wouldn't be in such a lame spot, though. Oh, well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home