Sunday, October 05, 2014

My Dreams: TV Guest Star Edition

The first time I remember having TV characters in my dreams was when I was maybe 9 and I was with characters from "Barney Miller" on I-94 in Saint Paul near the bridge over the Mississippi looking for someone. I always feel odd when television characters seep into my subconscious (it is even worse when they are zombies, although that is the fear talking). I feel like it must mean I'm watching too much television, but I'm not sure that really is it. I have had characters from books I am reading in my dreams, but neither is a very common occurrence.Last night, thought, I woke up two times, both from dreams where I was with TV characters.

The first time, I'm not sure when but it was still dark out and I'm not really sure what woke me up, although it might have been anxiety. In the dream, I was with the BAU (Behavioral Analysis Unit) from "Criminal Minds". The case was lighter than their normal sort of thing (and thinking about it now, may have been the plot from a Scooby-Doo Episode I watched on YouTube while I was taking a bath the other day; I'd been watching a comedy special on Netflix streaming but it kept stopping every 30 seconds or less for 20 seconds or so), someone had disappeared. It was night and we were on a dock looking for clues. At one point, we were all lined up facing out and the person all the way on the right jumped into the water, and we followed along like dominoes. We had masks with snorkels around our necks, so I put mine one and swam to my right. You could see more than you should have been able to. I think I was stressed about my snorkeling skills, although it could have been worry about what one would see in the water (I did see 'Tusk" recently). Either way, I woke up feeling odd, and then sad at how long it has been since I've been snorkeling.

The second time was when I finally woke up this morning. I had been dreaming I was dating Xander Harris from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (played by Nicholas Brendan, who also has a role on "Criminal Minds"). I probably woke up from that because it was 9:32. We had gone out to lunch and I was going to have some of his french fries, but I woke up before the they came.

Maybe just the desire to watch the rest of Season 9 has the "Criminal Minds" folks more on my brain, and thus in my dreams. It's still not back on Netflix, so I'm hoping my brain can just focus on dreaming of Nicholas Brendan.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home