Sunday, January 08, 2006

One, the movie

I went and saw One today:

Early one morning, in April, 2002, a middle-aged father of three from Michigan suddenly awoke from a sound sleep, overcome by a strange compulsion to make a movie about how we are all one.

The movie is largely interviews with thinkers, spiritual leaders, and people on the street. Definitely in sync with my line of spiritual pursuit.

What got me the most was the comments of a young man from Colorado named Chris Willis. When asked if he had one wish for humanity, what would it be, he replied that he didn't think he was worthy of having a wish for humanity. It broke my heart.

Part of that heart break is the knowledge that so many people feel that way. I mean, maybe no one is truly worthy of that, but that wasn't what I was getting from what he said.

Why is it that we can feel so separate from our fellow man? Believing that we are somehow lacking by some "normal" standard?

In another answer he stated that he didn't want to believe in a god that didn't accept everyone. That's what I've always thought. I've never understood the desire to believe in the Judeo-Christian biblical God; He always seemed insecure and not very nice. And, if he is omniscient, shouldn't he have seen the whole fall thing coming?

1 Comments:

Blogger January Girl said...

I've not seen "Waking Life" but I'll add it to my to-see list. Thanks!

2/20/2006 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home