Monday, June 25, 2007

Korean Food

I've been eating a lot of Korean food lately, mostly thanks to my friend Alvin. After he made a comment about how bibimbap is really a dish for leftovers and thus an odd choice for a restaurant to serve, I decided I should start making it at home.


I've been looking for a vehicle for more vegetables, and it seemed like it would have a lot of potential for variety. Plus, it's just really tasty.

Yesterday, I went to HT Asian market at Oak Tree Mall and got the gochujang sauce that is essential for bibimbap. I actually called Alvin from the aisle as none of the choices used gochujang on the label. I also picked up some kim chi, which I've not had at home in too long. My quest for some pickled daikon failed, however.

Tonight, I made my first attempt. It was pretty good. Above is the "before" shot. Below is after the gochujang sauce has been added and mixed, hopefully to the satisfaction of all who care about such things!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home