Sunday, January 25, 2009

Snow!

It's been flurrying on and off for much of the day. This snow is what Seattle snow should always be: drifting lovely through the air and then melting on the ground; like true Seattle rain, a non-event. A small amount had accumulated before I left the house at 9:30 this morning, but it was on the cars and lawns, not the roads and sidewalks.

It's nice to have this reminder that snow doesn't have to be paralyzing. Plus, I always feel that if it is going to be cold outside, there may as well be snow to go along with it!

I have realized over the past few weeks that there is something besides snow that says "Winter" to me: cold sunny days. Like snow, these are not terribly common in Seattle, but this year we have been below 40 seemingly more than usual. Seeing the bare trees against the clear blue sky hit a "It's Winter" spot that has not been hit in years, and probably the last time I experienced it was not in Seattle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home