Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Endings

Today is the last day of January, and my last day at ETS. I've been at ETS longer than all the January time of my life.

I started at ETS in March of 1997 as an unpaid intern, trying to get experience doing Web work so that someone would hire me. That led to a 6-month hourly position. And that led to my current (well until 5:30PM today) position, which I started in January 1998.

I want to say that it doesn't feel that long, but while I am surprised that I can say I've been in this position 8 years, life without ETS seems very far away; as always, some bits more than others.

I'm not sure I'll ever stay somewhere 8 years again, despite my frequent inability to overcome inertia (just look at my postings here!). I feel the need to keep moving, lest I get stuck. Again.

As for January, I was sick twice, I had a very restful 2 week vacation where I read and went to many movies ('Syriana','One','The Producers','Matador','Casanova','Brokeback Mountain','Capote'), saw Die Fledermaus (and am now wondering if "fledermaus" isn't the best word ever), and had some nice evenings and a dual-birthday lunch out with people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home