Monday, May 01, 2006

The First Day of Summer

Today is the first day of summer (with the Summer Soltice being Midsummer).

Sadly, the thing that comes to mind when I think of summer starting is the Country Time lemonade commercial about summer being 91 days long this year. It didn't make me want to drink Country Time (but, of course, I'd already tried it by the time I'd seen the ad), but it did make me think about summer as a day count.

91 days. 92 by my count: 31 in May, 30 in June, 31 in July, but the seasons are more or less 91 days (91*4=364). 13 weeks. 3 months.

The days are already almost as long as they will get, but they will be like this for the next 91 days. 91 days of summer to enjoy the daylight and the warmth (or heat, depending upon where you live).

I guess I'm just trying to say what Ferris Bueller already said better: "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." Same goes for summer.

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home