Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Big Gulp

Summer is going full force in Seattle in terms of blue skies, sunshine, and high temperatures (well, for the Pacific Northwest at least). It almost makes me wish today were a work day, with the comfort of air conditioning to exist in, since that is almost unheard of in Seattle-area abodes. Instead, my boyfriend and I headed to the mall and other cool shopping spots, although we were directed more by need (desire?) than heat.

When we started back, we swung by 7-11 so I could get some Dr. Pepper (when did they change the slurpees to squishies?). I wound up getting a Big Gulp, which was scarily now the 2nd smallest out of 5 cup sizes. I have vague memories of how large Big Gulps seemed when they first came out, so I was disturbed by how normal they now seem to me. I know American portions have gotten out of control, but the Big Gulp gives me an important reality check of what really big should be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home