Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Day 4: Daniel's Workshop

Sunday, September 16

It's been a month since Day 4 of my European Trip, which just proves how long a month really is.

Daniel didn't sleep well the night before the workshop, so I didn't either. I got up early to have breakfast with Daniel and Jamie, saw them off, and then went back to bed.

I got up after 10 and got myself out for my last day in Innsbruck. Sadly, I left most of my cash and my cash card, as well as the computer cable for my camera, in my hast to get going.

As I walked the usual route back to Allstadt, I noticed that many of the buildings had tree branches attached and some had long, red and white banners hanging from them. Never found out what they were about. I walked along the Inn toward the University, taking pictures along the way. Found some of the superb European grafitti that I first saw years ago in Switzerland. Got hungry and headed back to Allstadt figuring I'd eat somewhere that took a credit card. Plus, it was Sunday so much of the city outside Allstadt was closed.

One hotel had a menu with venison ragout that I wanted to try, but I sat outside and it was only served inside. It was too nice to go in, and I was tired from the walk, so I had steak with bacon sauce instead. It wasn't that good.

I checked to see if the intranet cafe was open, but it wasn't. I walked the other way along the Inn, coming back via the Hofgarten. Daniel and I had arranged to meet up about 4:30 at SoWi, where his workshop was. I got there early, took some pics, and then went inside to see if I could catch him there. Found Giatano and he said they'd been done for 45 minutes or so.

When Daniel and Jamie got back to SoWi, it turned out they'd been through the Hofgarten, too. Jamie headed out to see the sights, promising to be back by 2AM. Daniel and I headed to get him his first donar kebap of the trip. The kebap place was right by the intranet cafe, which was now open. Daniel had his first beer of the trip, and we booked ourselves on a flight the next day from Munich to Athens.

We got back to Haus George around 9 and checked in with Alexandra. It was while we were waiting for her to answer our knock that I first noticed the sign that said we had to pay in cash only. We filled her in on our plan, asked her to call us a taxi for 5AM, and got directions to an ATM. We went back out and got money, came back and checked out, and then packed up and went to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home