Saturday, July 07, 2007

07/07/07

I didn't really expect today to be special, just because of the numeric alignment of month, day, and year, but I guess I had some hope that it would be good. I think, for whatever reason, the sevens in particular have everyone expecting something magical. I just finished reading the sixth book in the Harry Potter series and it speaks of seven being a magical number (although it does seem bias for a series of seven books to bring up).

For me, this triple seven has been a day of heat, emotion, and general thwartedness. I watched the movie 'De-lovely' earlier and it made me sob. I was introduced to Cole Porter by my ex-fiance, so between that and the fact we could have been like the Porters the movie portrays, if poorer and less talented, had not the world become more tolerant in the intervening fifty years, it all seems oddly personal.

There's a scene where Linda Porter is dying, and all I could think about was all the loss that will happen in my life and I didn't think I could take it; I've had enough already. I feel like I've been thinking more about the inevitability of loss in my future. I'm just hoping, like 07/07/07, that there isn't any deeper meaning to my thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home