Tuesday, May 02, 2006

NetFlix and Veronica Mars

My two-week free trial to NetFlix ended yesterday. You may note that those two weeks correspond directly to my lack of postings (I got my first DVDs the day before my last post). I've spent most of the trial mainlining 'Veronica Mars,' Season 1, as well as watching the first disk of 'Battlestar Galactica,' Season 1.

I started watching 'Veronica Mars' well into the first season last year. Despite not really knowing what was going on, I found the show compelling enough to keep at it, resorting to asking friends about certain, more vital points. The last DVD is sitting unopened, waiting. Soon. Very soon. I've probably seen these episodes, but this time, they'll probably make a lot more sense.

[Of course, tonight is the second to the last episode of the 2nd season, which is all coming back to season one stuff.]

BSG is a fav of Justin, who insisted I watch it. It's also compelling but oddly, despite the space setting, more real than VM, dealing with a basic day-to-day struggle for life. It's almost too depressing to watch, but I'm going to keep at it. I'm hooked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home